A Wee Bit Chilly


Sunrise was pretty this morning so thought I would step outside to snap a picture. It was early, the house was cold, so I was still in my pajama's. A second outside with no coat would be fine, I quickly reasoned. Stepped out the door onto the porch and my whole body started steaming. In that second I figured out it must be pretty cold out, it was morning so the brain is a bit slow. Checked the thermometer and saw it was a chilly 12 degrees Fahrenheit. The wind made it feel lots colder. Needless to say, I didn't take many pictures.
As I type this, I am sipping a big mug of Good Earth Tea, sweetened with Agave nectar and beside me is a bowl of steaming hot oatmeal. I know, I am eating at my desk and that's like some huge no no for eating the French Way, however, I have lots of work to be doing since I was asked to give a lecture on Herbs this weekend and I still need to make up some handouts for the event.
Suppose that means I should stop blogging and get busy working !

Comments

JacquiG said…
I went on-line and covered your farenheit temperature to celcius that I could relate to, and all I can say is WOW!! I still can't get my head around the fact that temperatures can get that low in Texas. You're so far south I just can't believe it!

Stay warm, Patty!

Jackie in ON
Gina said…
Are you an herbalist as well? Amazing! I'd love to hear about the topic, etc. I'm very interested in herbs, not as an herbalist but as an alternative to Western medicines, etc.
Patty said…
Yup Gina, I am a master herbalist.
My focus is on herbal medicine. I am a real fan of alternative medicines. Use them all the time.

Popular Posts