The Law of Attraction at work

Since reading the book, "The Secret" and watching the DVD of the same name, about 6 times now, I have to say, some pretty amazing things have happened. Its not the book or the DVD that has accomplished these amazing things, but putting into practice some of the principles outlined by the Law of Attraction.
First off, I happen to believe the science behind this law. I have read some rather basic works on Quantum physics and Melanie was a huge student of Q.P for years so there have been plenty of conversations around this house on the subject. Admittedly, there were times it sounded like Melanie was speaking a foreign language to Emery and I but we were able to grasp the general concept, if nothing else.
Some of the things that have happened cannot be explained away as simply "good timing" or "just a coincidence". The fact remains that the Law of Attraction is at work, no matter if you believe in it or not. Think about the times you have thought strongly about a person that you have not seen or heard from in years, and then out of the blue that person calls you or someone starts talking about them. I remember so well, how Melanie said she was going to marry a person that was at least half Asian and that was that. She had good reasons for that since she is very into the cultures of Asia and much of her life interests were tied up in those interests. She had a real list of the things that the person she was going to marry had to have. She also said she was not going to date anyone unless he seemed marriage material right off. Well, she found exactly what she was looking for and they were married less than a year from their first date. The laws of attraction were at work. She got just what she wanted and accepted nothing less. She had no doubt in her ability to get what she wanted.
I was the very same way when looking for my life mate.
In 1989 I rode in the car of a friend. It was a Gray Taurus station wagon. Third row seats. I fell in love with it. She said it was great but the transmission was a bit wonky. I remember saying to Emery I want a car just like that, and I kept saying it. Just when we were needing a new car, at the very place our old car was being repaired, was a 1991 gray Taurus station wagon, third row seats. Perfect for our family. The price was right and it was just like my friends. Even down to the transmission problems, we later discovered. So here I am in 2007 still driving my 1991 gray Taurus station wagon. Runs great and I still love it. Law of Attraction. I am however starting to think about how I have always wanted a Volvo Station wagon !
I told my best friend Debbie, she HAD to go get the DVD and watch it. She went out and got it but was not as " fired up" about it as I was. She was just being a good friend and indulging me at first. But....she is a firm believer now. This is a story of amazing results. Debbie wanted to come out to be here when Mei-Ling is born, but couldn't see how to make it work. She was just out here in August. Its a long trip from New England to here and flights are not always cheap. She and I said, "well, lets just put the Secret to the test !" We did, we just kept saying that we wanted her to come out in April. She had an idea to check her frequent flier miles, thinking she had 20,000 or so and might make the ticket cheaper. She called and they said she had 67,000 miles. She's not sure how she got that many but she booked a flight, first class, to come see us and its costing her a whopping $20. This law of attraction has manifest itself over and over at my husbands work the past two weeks. And for me, I cannot even begin to share all the little and big things that have happened. Doors have opened to me that I had no idea even existed. Its not all about money and things. The feeling of gratitude is nearly overwhelming, in all areas of my life. Good thoughts bring more good thoughts. Joy brings more joy.
One simple thing to share and then I will quit gushing over this book and its principles.
I put a piece of cloth on my table yesterday to use under the plate of beans I was taking a picture of. The colors just delighted my being. Bright and bold. I said to myself out loud, I want to find a table runner with those colors at Goodwill. The day progressed with many things taking my attention, but I did stop in to Goodwill for a minute after Tai Chi to look for baby things. On the rack by the baby blankets was a table runner....yes, you guessed right, the exact colors I had said I wanted, the lady at the register said she had just put it out two minutes before I got there. The law of attraction !

Comments

Patty said…
I don't know any of the speakers on the DVD personally to know if they are Christians or not. I do know several profess to be believers.
I do know that God is the source of all good gifts. I do know too, that I have a responsibility to understand the laws which God works from.
In Dr Beckwiths church, Christ is preached, is acknowledged as the savior. He is one of the main speakers on the DVD and is quoted in the book so very often. Have you read it yet, or just going off what you have heard ? Just curious ?

Popular Posts