Black Beans, Yummy !

Honest and truly I am in love with my new cookbook, La Dolce Vegan ! Each new day I want to try another new recipe, which is good since I have felt stuck in a rut for the last couple years regarding cooking. Making the same old things over and over, playing my meals like an 8 track.
Not sure if this is my breakfast or lunch... I had tea early this morning but wasn't hungry enough to take time to eat so around 10:30 I had the hankering to fill my tummy with something tasty and good for me. I am heading out to plant in the garden and I was in need of nourishment.
Right off I found the perfect choice in my new cook book. Black beans on Toast. I am not going to give you the recipe because I think if you want to make it, you should buy the book so you will have LOTS of good recipes.
But suffice to say, its a simple recipe and out of convenience I made some substitutions. Used vegan chicken stock in place of the vegetable stock and used fresh Pico de Gallo in place of the salsa and added some turmeric simply because I am a turmeric fan. Good flavor and really good for your body. I served it with fresh, warm pita bread in place of the toast. It was filling, tasted heavenly, and filled me up with just a small portion on my plate.
Topped it off with a smoothie made with frozen dark cherries, frozen banana and very vanilla soy milk. I am ready to get to work. Full of energy and all kinds of good feelings. After all, life is simply wonderful !

Turkish Cafe music playing on the stereo, incense burning and windows and doors open wide. Another magnificent day.

Comments

Gullebarn said…
Patty,
Does this cookbook give calorie counts for the recipes? It looks like a good book, but I like to count calories so I know what I am getting into.
Thanks!
Patty said…
Sorry, it has no calorie count with the recipes.

Popular Posts