Snowed in, in Vermont



Melissa has been sharing pictures with me of their blizzard in Vermont. She was lucky to be home all day as school was closed. Even James got to go home early. Right now they have zero visability. I can't believe how fast their snow is mounting up.
When I see her pictures it makes me a bit jealous. I love the feel of a blizzard, all the excitement of getting prepared. Got to experience a lot of those in my childhood and young adulthood.
Haven't even seen one of those snow flakes they said would fall here today. Oh well I'll just have to keep hoping for snow.
The birds are so busy at the feeders. Working hard to stay warm. Right at this very moment there are cardinals, house finch, yellow rumped warblers, two kinds of woodpeckers, doves, chickadees, crowned sparrows, gold finch, Inca doves on the ground, robins near by, and a very noisy blue jay in the tree close by. I can see crows chasing away a pair of red tailed hawks and a vulture way up in the sky. All this right out my window !
Melanie came over to use my oven, hers has a wonky thermostat and tends to burn things. She made special valentines day cookies for her beloved. Now she is sound asleep on the couch. She is at that point where its hard to get comfortable at night to sleep.

Tomorrow I am expecting special guests. Revee and her girls from
http://www.olderthanthecheese.blogspot.com/
Can't wait !


Snow piling up on the cars
Melissa
James

Comments

Kelli said…
Wow, that's alot of snow! Melissa looks so cute all bundled up! Have fun tomorrow with Revee and her girls! I'm jealous! :0)

Kelli
Sunny said…
Oooh boy! Reminds me of why I am sooo glad to live where we do.

Popular Posts