The Blessing of Being Outside

Morning broke with majesty. The only clouds in the sky were near the sunrise. Making it more dramatic.
I stood there for the longest time soaking it in. So thankful that each day I HAVE to go outside to do certain chores, so that in those moments nature can reveal its beauty to me. If I didn't have to go outside, perhaps some days I would just get so busy doing other things I would pass up the opportunity to go out there and hear the wind high in the trees, making that sound that nothing else makes. Or see the fat juicy leaves of grass growing daily under my feet like a velvet carpet. I would miss seeing the way the winds blow the water in the tank, making tiny doll house size waves. Bits of ice forming a shore line for imagination in miniature.
I would miss hearing a new bird song, and how magical the moment of not moving, barely breathing, in hopes of spotting the owner of such a beautiful song.
I would miss seeing tiny buds form on the trees, and spotting the first bits of green poking from the rich soil in anticipation of warmer weather.Watching clouds race across the sky or watching them saunter leisurely as if strolling through some park.
It is true, I could sit knitting, crocheting, sewing, reading etc. Learning, yes, and perhaps creating, but nothing compares with seeing the Handiwork of the Creator. Nothing else drives my heart to prayer of thanksgiving and gratitude as much as seeing the wonder and splendor of a sunrise, or any of the things I have mentioned.
Sitting in a chair, in the house, limits us. Limits our connection to things greater than ourselves.
As a side benefit, being in the great outdoors gives us a great night sleep !

This mornings sunrise !



Comments

Popular Posts