In The Pink

Amazingly, the morning broke into spring like wonder once again. Birds singing everywhere, creating a mix of cheery songs.
Blue skies reaching on to some distant land, begging to be admired. The suns warmth, gentle like a kiss of a baby. I had a desire to skip, yes skip like a small child, unabashed at the joy in life to be had. So, I did, I skipped around the yard, laughing at myself and hoping no one from the road could see me and report me as a nut. Ahhh, but most folks know me around here and would just laugh, goodheartedly, not with any malice.
It was hard to pull myself inside the house for breakfast but my tummy was rumbling in true to form Winnie the Pooh fashion.
The day requires beauty inside the house to match the outside a bit, create an attempt to balance things a bit.
Right at this time, my house seems over run with PINK. Wonder why ? (giggle, giggle) So I kept up with that theme and set my breakfast table with pink glassware. It made me smile, just looking across the room and seeing pink fabric over there, pink yarn in several places, pink baby things in a small neatly folded pile on a chair and here in front of me, pink glass for water, a pink dessert dish filled with yes, instant (organic) oatmeal, a pink candlestick, and pink me in a pink shirt. I drank a cup of Lady Gray Tea and mused that it should have been Lady Pink Tea, it would have fit the scene better.
A rose scented candle fills the room with the illusion that roses are in bloom right outside the open window. Pink roses of course !

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are all set! It appears that you have two sets of Royal Albert China--one pink and one blue! Maybe Priscilla and Steven's baby is a boy!

I think it is so great that you serve yourself on the good china from time to time. I never think to do that! We should use the beautiful things we have, and not just let them collect dust.

It is nice that the babies will be so close in age. My daughters were pregnant at the same time, and had boys born eight days apart. That was special.

Glad you are "In the Pink"!

Grancy

PS. I got the name Grancy from my three year old grandson. He called me Nancy one day and I said, "you can call me Grandma, or even Grandma Nancy, but not Nancy.
He said, "I'll call you 'Grancy'"!
JacquiG said…
Glad to see you so much "in the pink"!!! You've been down, it seems, for a few days. You were very lucky with that carbon monoxide problem.

Love you dishes ... they are the same pattern, Old Country Roses, that my grandmother gave me. What pattern is the blue set that you have?

Jackie in ON

PS .. Grancy .. what a cute story of how you got your name!
Patty said…
Jackie, I think the blue ones are called Midnight Rose or something like that, they are Royal Albert too.
I only have a few pieces of each, but I love them.
Patty said…
Grancy, just love the story of your name. My name would not work out so well, Gratty doesn't sound cute at all : ) (giggle)

Popular Posts