Gratitude

Gratitude is counting your blessings. Gratitude is acknowledging the good things that have come your way.
Concentrating on the things we are grateful for can turn our lives around, and we can actually find a blessing in just about anything, even loss. An example.... my mother has been gone for over 2 decades. I miss her so much, even now after all these years, but what a blessing she was to me and her wisdom, her joy, her legacy lives on. I am grateful for the fact that her life lives on in all the ways she shared herself. I am still being blessed daily by her, from the example of her life. That did not cease by her death.

Gratitude, or counting our blessings as I like to call it, takes us beyond those moments of self pity.

It is Monday, the beginning of a new week, perfect time to make a list of your blessings.
Here are things that fill me with gratitude, in no particular order.....

The love that encircles me
A Warm hand to hold
Soft kisses
Tiny baby things
Wisdom shared
Herbs that heal
Modern medicine, insulin for Melanie
The sweet voices of my daughters
Good friends, new and old
My Dads youthfulness
My sister Sandy's phone calls
My sister Jan has found love
Chinese food
Signs of spring
Good running shoes
A great new Vegan cookbook
soy whipped cream
New paint
Tai Chi
Incense
Geodes
good quotes
Poetry that stirs the soul
Hearing my daughters recite "The Raven" together
To hear Steven praying in Latin
Two new rose bushes
planting time
Getting work done on my book
making plans
for smiles
aging with joy
dreams
fresh air filling my lungs
Elizabeth Q
Being asked to lecture
hope
fantastic health
that at 52 I can still do a full lotus
the concept of harmonic wealth
Being awake at 5 in the morning and feeling rested

photo of my favotie geode, reminds me of an ocean wave

Comments

Peggy said…
Wonderful post!
buana said…
This is the first time I have visited your Blog. Thank you for your beautiful writing...you have put a peace and calm in me during a day where I needed it!

God Bless!
Dannielle said…
I can't tell you how many times I read one of your posts and just want to say, "Amen.".

Popular Posts