Some Really Good Quotes to Chew on

Oprah was the follow up on the show last week about The Secret....
I watched it twice and recorded it for additional viewing. Profound stuff. I think for me its a bit of a "yeah, that's what I feel" sort of thing. Something I felt, knew inside but was unable to articulate it.
So many times in my life, I have said " I want this or that" good things, not possessions or stuff, and they have come my way. Even Emery. I always said I wanted a husband with a beard, who was the gentle type of man, a PBS man, a hiker, a pacifist, a vegetarian, and a homestead kind of fella, and sure enough, that is just what I got. This law of attraction has worked with so many things in my life, only I didn't know the how or why.
Today on the Oprah show, I felt even stronger about sharing this "secret" with whoever will listen. It is what I call, "sheer profundity"

Here are a few of the quotes from today's show that just say soooo much.

"Mediocrity Always Attacks Excellence" Oh so true, so true. See that one over and over.

and there was another one that was something like, "Trying is just failing with honor" The example was, you know when you invite someone to your house and they say, " I'll try to make it", you know they will not show up ! "Trying" is not the same as doing !

Comments

Debra said…
Just had to chime in... I've enjoyed both these Oprah shows, too, namely because lots of what they shared are biblical principles (not all,no, but lots!). Namely, the importance of forgiveness, the power of the tongue, how envy 'rots the bones', how Jesus came to give us abundant life (not a miserable one), believing in faith for what we are asking/seeking, and how eternal life has already started (since our spirits will never die) and isn't just meant for Heaven far-off someday, etc. There were more, but those are off the top of my head. And frankly, it's sad when Christians can't recognize spiritual principles because the church has too often tried cramming God into a non-spiritual box--one in which He will never fit! I'm glad though, that you haven't done that. Thanks for sharing... and I've been enjoying your blog the last few weeks! Blessings, Debra
Patty said…
"The Secret" is in perfect harmony with the teachings of Christ. It seems as if He was teaching us "the secret" all along but we sort of don't believe it. We add in our own doubts and fears. We say all the things we don't want. "I don't want to be poor". " I don't want to be fat" " I don't want to be lonely" Hardly ever do we direct our thoughts in the direction where things can happen. "I will be healthy", " I will find my soul mate", " I will have financial freedom". Even though we are told to ask that way. "The Secret" works along the rule of "what you give out is exactly what you get back".

Christ said to ask, believe and expect things to happen and that is exactly what "the Secret" is.

The Secret doesn't teach us to live independent of God, but to live understanding the laws in which He works.
The Secret will never work unless we are filled with Gratitude, forgiveness, plus an understand that we are meant to live joy filled lives, living with the purpose God has appointed for us. Its not about getting rich, its about receiving what is meant for us.
Its about living with purpose and intention. Knowing what you want and praying with expectations that it will work. The only "work" we do, is to actually put out there a positive expectation that the laws of attraction will work. These laws of physics, these laws of attraction show us just a bit of how God works.
Think about these verses and live them and then you will be living " The Secret".
Mark 11:23-24
I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

I am truly limited in my ability to explain this well as its all so new to me in many ways. If possible see if you can purchase the DVD or buy the book.
I wish you had seen Oprah Friday, they spent a great deal of time on just the very same question you ask. And they had a far better way of explaining it.

Popular Posts