Family Night, once again


At least one night a week, the kids all come over for supper. Last night was the night. Melanie had her Doctors appointment yesterday and he told her to expect to be put on bed rest around 30 weeks. He told her that type 1 diabetics often have blood pressure issues around that time, which forces bed rest. She was not too pleased with the news. We will pray for a miracle and expect it to happen !
Priscilla and Steven have been to see the midwife and all looks good.
I just love when we are all sitting around the table, laughing and having so much fun. Memories shared and memories made.
Last nights meal was Indian food, curry rice, poori, and a spinach yogurt dish. Oh yes, we had red lentils too with tomatoes and spices.
The children had fun talking about how our meals have never been very ordinary. Tofu brownies for dessert. I'll post that recipe in a bit. Melissa shared it with me and its really good.
Emery, Steven, Priscilla and I watched "The Secret" after Melanie and Casi left. Steven just kept saying "yes, that is so true" throughout the DVD.
I know he will end up buying a copy for himself.
All evening, I just kept looking over at Emery sitting at the other end of the table, thinking how this is just how we envisioned our life, with the exception of one thing, Melissa and James not being around the table with us. So much joy in our lives, so much happiness and hope. Gratitude for endless blessings. I look across at Emery and feel flooded with feelings of love. Life is good, well, actually, its great ! God has blessed us abundantly and I know for certain more blessings are on the way.

Steven, Priscilla and Emery
Casi and Melanie responding to my "command" to smile.

Comments

Gina said…
Oh how I wish I lived close enough to my family to have a weekly dinner with them. How wonderful. Your table always seems to be a warm and delightful place.
Gullebarn said…
I am new reader to your blog and spent some time reading your archives last weekend while I was snowed in. I really enjoyed myself!

I was on bedrest with twins for 6 months 10 years ago, and my mom was a lifesaver for me during that time. Your daughter is lucky to have you to watch over her.
JacquiG said…
How fortunate you are to have weekly family dinners like that. I'm working on monthly lunches with my son, and I get visits with my Mum every couple of years. Count your blessings, Patty. But then I know that you already do! ;o)

Jackie
Patty said…
gullebarn, 6 months is a long time to be on bedrest ! Mothers are wonderful, mine sure was.
Patty said…
Gina, our table was a bit bare last night. We had Indian food with lots of turmeric in it and that stains something horrid so I opted for no tablecloth, just in case someone spilled something.
Sunny said…
Hey, maybe you could buy Steven a copy of the DVD for a surprise! When is his D'day?
Sunny said…
Ha! "D'day!" Don't tell him I said that. Of course I meant B'day.

Popular Posts