Blue Skies and some signs of Spring




In an attempt to clear my lungs from the toxins they have been exposed to recently, I went for a good long walk. Its not too cold out, a hooded sweat shirt was all the jacket I needed. The sky is a magnificent blue, the air crisp and invigorating.
I decided to take the hilly path, that way I would be working a bit harder on this hike. What a joy this walk was. Felt like the all the cobwebs were being cleaned out of my brain.
I saw 4 eastern blue birds, their blue as bright as the morning sky. They were a bit too elusive for me to get any decent shots of them, but they delighted my soul just to see them. There were woodpeckers, finches, hawks over head, and some tiny birds too flighty for me to identify with any certainty. I saw a hairy woodpecker and lots of robins.
After my walk I headed to the duck pond to see all the seagulls. They are ring billed gulls and come here just about every winter. It always thrills me to see this ocean birds so far inland. Their cries always make me think of where I grew up, so close to the ocean.
What a great day to be alive...now off to the kitchen to get some work done. The children coming over for supper...always a blessing.

Comments

JacquiG said…
Spring? I think that's a while away for us here in this part of Canada. I woke up this morning and the radio said the temperature was -14 celciius, and with the windchill factor it felt like -27!!!

Jackie, freezing in ON

Popular Posts