A Great Find, with a Story behind it

Last week I happened to think about some books we read faithfully to the girls when they were little. Actually I read them as a child too in school and Emery read them when he was a kid.
I looked on eBay to see if I could find them. Put a bid on some. I was outbid. I remember saying,
"I really want those books" and left it at that.
Today, there was a set in Goodwill, never saw them there before, a full set of 10 volumes. $5.00 for the entire set. Lots less than what I had bid on the ones on e-bay. I got just what I wanted. Plain and simple. Same thing with some baby shoes I saw in Massachusetts when I was there last summer, I have yet to find them here in Texas. Butter soft leather, ankle strap with a button fastener. Just two days ago I said to my friend in Massachusetts, " I want those baby shoes we saw in that store" Yesterday I found them, brand new on eBay and got them, 1/3 of the price in the store. The Secret works. No matter how you think it was accomplished, it works. Perhaps its just that God hears my desires and gives them to me. Perhaps it is quantum physics at work, according to the very laws God works with. He is a God of order. All I know is that it works.
10 Volumes of Bible Stories by Arthur Maxwell

Comments

Patty,

in a nutshell, can you sum up The Secret? I don't watch tv (don't have cable), and really only buy books after I read them at the library and feel they're worth the money (generally non-fiction, unless I find a good fiction book at the thrift store)... anyway, I digress except that this means that I'm way out of the loop of the hooha surrounding The Secret.

It almost sounds like if you want something you'll get it, but I don't see how that really works. On one level, I've wanted to have a garden, a little plot of land, a place to feel rooted, absolutely forever. And very strongly too. Do I have that? well, no.

Not to sound all disbelieving when I don't even know what it's all about, but there are a lot of people in this world who really want a meal and a shelter and a place to keep their children safe.

How does this jive with the teachings in this book?

Thanks for any explanation you can give, it all sounds quite mysterious to me so far! :-)
We have the same books. They are my husband's from when he was a kid.
R. Aastrup said…
I grew up on these books as well. I read them over and over. The mother of one of my students has written a version of these stories that is family-oriented...very interesting. Same publisher.

Popular Posts