The Blessings of the Day



You know there are days that are just meant to be outside and today was one of those days.
The temperature got up to 78, no need for a sweater or a light jacket. I spent time in the garden after Tai Chi. Just the perfect place to soak in the marvels of creation. The tiny onions poking their green stems out of the rich brown soil, the buds on the trees seem to grow by the hour. A pair of red tailed hawks soared overhead, graceful and majestic.
I pulled weeds. Its a wonderful activity when you are thinking.
I am so content with my life. Fifty-Two seems to be a wonderful amazing year for me. A time when I really don't have to pretend to be something I am not. I can redefine and define myself daily. I can run like the wind and skip across my yard but know and understand so much of life.
Emery says at 60, you start to feel that you are aging, but he is no proof of that. That man is young at heart and no one ever guesses his age right. He can climb mountains and leap over streams. Today when I was in the garden, hands dirty, remembering I should be wearing gloves but not doing it, I like the feel of the soil. I was thinking that each one of us is given a distinct personality, no one is the same. Amazing really.
Makes you wonder why some expect us to all be the same and think the same and act the same.
Tonight, there are still a few windows open, but there is a slight evening chill in the air. Emery is chatting with his mother on the phone. I have spoken to all three of my children, and we all said, " I love you". Emery glances at me with that tender look we have exchanged for going on 29 years. We had a funny meal of baked sweet potatoes and crackers. We didn't feel compelled to have our meal fit some standard set up on the plate. We had just what we wanted, no more, no less.
We talked about our plans and hopes. Laughing softly with that sort of comfortable feeling you have when love is free flowing.
We are not burdened down by stuff or wants.
We are surrounded by hopes and dreams. Melanie and Casi put the crib and changing table together last night, ready for Mei-Ling. Steven and Priscilla excited that there is a baby bump now, so very tiny, but there.
Melissa and James, each with jobs that touch peoples lives in a meaningful way. James, spreading music and fun to so many people. Melissa teaching wounded little ones, that need a tender word and a bit of security.
Life is just simply good.


Collard Greens
Tuk Tuk basking in the sun
Rosemary in bloom

Comments

Rowan said…
What a wonderful picture of the rosemary flower - I didn't realise what it was until I read your caption. TukTuk is such a lovely cat isn't he? I just followed the link back to your archives and saw the kitten photos - he must be one of those I guess? I really must try and read your archives, our spiritual paths differ (though not in every respect) but we have so much in common in other areas. I saw the Amish chocolate fudge cake recipe and plan to go back and copy it - it looks so good:) I do a similar lemon one that is all in one and seperates to make its own sauce.

Popular Posts