My Lecture Today on the Herb Rosemary


Thanks to all of you who asked about my lecture today. I had a great time and it seems everyone enjoyed it by the response. Matter of fact they have asked me to come back again.
It was funny to me to say that I have been practicing herbal medicine for over 25 years. Made me sound old : ) In actuality its more like 30 years .
I talked about the value of Rosemary as a culinary and medicinal herb. Supplied them with a couple recipes, some small bundles of rosemary gathered this morning from my garden. Showed them how to make a simple rosemary wreath and answered lots and lots of questions about herbal medicine.

I shared a bit about the Rosemary salve I make for sore muscles and for congestion. Its simple and works so well. Rosemary is wonderful for anxiety, congestion, circulation and a few other medical issues.

At some point in time I will take a group out to the fields and woods to teach them about wild-crafting herbs.
Today was so much fun for me. I so enjoy sharing about herbs and the ways in which they can help us.

After the meeting, Melanie and I went out for lunch. Will share some pictures of that in a bit.

I was presented with a gift bag that held a wonderful mug, a tea caddy that holds tea bags and a packet of sugar along with the most wonderful smelling coaster, filled with spices.

The gifts I was presented with after the lecture

picture of my Rosemary taken this morning



Comments

Jenny said…
That's wonderful.Have you done anything like this before? I'm sure you have so much to give, knowledge that only experience can provide.
Patty said…
I have lectured many times in front of very large crowds and love doing it.
Peggy said…
Wish you were my neighbor. I am so wanting to learn about herbs. I grow my own for cooking and soaps but want to learn more about using them for my animals and our health.

Popular Posts