Serenity


The quiet of the day yielded up many blessings. Tiny naked branches of the wisteria, dancing in the gentle breeze, moving in short graceful movements. The finest dance I have seen in a long time.
Birds by the dozens dashing around the feeders, bits of bright colors blended with browns and blacks that nature decorated so well with. Such workers, these tiny creatures. Waiting to take their turn at a certain feeder. Lined up on the braches of the nearby oak tree much like planes on runways.
The clouds, white rib like formations racing across the sky from the west, bringing snow this morning to some, but only a few magical flakes fell here. A tease. How I love snow !
Smoke from the chimney drifting down past the living room window, circling and dancing much as the incense burning on the hearth. There seems to be a perfect rhythm today between my life and that of nature around me. Each step I take outside, feels as though I am treading on some holy ground. Sacred soil, full of the promise of spring, yet sleeping soundly still. Soil freshly turned, waiting for potatoes to be planted and another patch nearly ready for onions. The peacefulness around me and what I feel inside of me is greater than words. So full of a simple, silent kind of joy. Not the gushing variety, but calm.
The sky turning solid gray, endless, a good kind of endless, serene. My wind chimes breaking the silence with their temple sounds. Suddenly my mind is drifting off to far away places. Dreams and memories mingling.
This is just the kind of day I need. Random, but organized in some sort of bigger than my own world way. Perhaps it could be described as gentle rolling waves on the water. Pushed about by the wind in such a kind, gentle way that you enjoy it, revel in it. Feel lulled by it. I believe this is what serenity feels like.







Comments

Melanie said…
Chickadees are my favorite!!!!
Lucy said…
what a beautiful pictures ! I lvove the bird we have birds like that here too... and every year I have a nest in the birdhouse

Popular Posts