The Real Mothers Day

Yesterday was the actual Mothers Day and it was simply a wonderful day for me. Only one thing missing and that was Melissa and James. It was hard for me, them not being here. I miss her so much. Of course I talked to Melissa on the phone, she called as soon as she knew I would be awake, but its just not the same thing as having her here.
The children all gave me wonderful cards, each with personal notes that warmed my heart. In my mind, the words they each shared was the greatest gift they could give me. There were presents too.
A meal time shared around the table, cake and ice cream to follow. Laughter, memories and hopes shared too.
Just this year I received a comment from a blog reader stating that they believed Motherhood was a thankless job. I can't think of a sadder comment. Motherhood for me is a wondrous, amazing, filled with love experience. Its the job I always wanted and I am not disappointed at all with it.
My children love me, they call me daily, they email me, they have spouses we like, they share their life with us and I love them so much. Each stage of their life an adventure. And now, I am getting to experience another generation of love through my children. Motherhood just keeps getting better.
Saturday, Emery celebrated mothers day with me, spoiling me, telling me what a joy it has been throughout the years parenting with me. It was his day to express his appreciation of my mothering, and yesterday, well that was when the children shared their appreciation of my mothering them. Sounds like a pretty nice weekend, and it was.
To the person who said Motherhood was a thankless job, I disagree 100%.
Motherhood is a job filled with thankfulness !

Special roses, a mothers day gift



Comments

Anonymous said…
I got beautiful roses too - 6 of them, one from each child. Our children are so thoughtful and kind :-)

Popular Posts