Mei-Ling was a sleepy girl today


Mei-Ling slept the entire time we visited her today. She looked so full of peace. She reminded me of those pictures of sleeping cherubs you sometimes see.
We hung a little pink disk that has a silver picture of a Guardian angel watching over a child at the head of her tiny little hospital bed. A sign for everyone to know that this wee one has angels watching over her. And even as a reminder to us that she is always being watched over.Mei-Lings nurse said she was doing well, still breathing much too fast to bottle feed or breast feed safely. So she is back on the NG feeding tube.
Drinking the "liquid gold" that Melanie brings in to her each day.
The Doctor said, "time is her best friend" meaning that time is needed to bring things to the place they need to be, and of course we know Gods healing hands will do the work.
My heart aches seeing Melanie so heartbroken as she leaves her wee one behind each day. I hear sobs coming from her room in the night, along with the tender voice of Casi trying to console her. What love these two have for one another and how strong their bond as they have gone through so much so soon in their married life. Melanie is healing quickly and soon will be well enough to be in their own home, but for now, she still needs mom. I am only too happy to help and to comfort when I can.
Keep Melanie and Casimir in your prayers along with the baby. The bills are mounting at an alarming rate and you can see the worry on Casi's brow.Melissa wrote out the sweetest words to her sister today. A prayer of promise and a verse to give her hope. The love in this family fills me so full. I feel so blessed. I believe nothing is more important than a loving family. Even if you didn't have one growing up, make one now if you can. Love your children. Don't ever forsake them. If so much hurt has passed between you and your children, that you have just thin threads holding the relationship together, then pray for that to change. What joy there is in a loving family.
Melissa wrote....While I was praying, God showed me Philemon 7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love.
Great hope in those words.


A reminder that angels are watching over this little one
Melanie longing to bring her baby home

The room was not lit brightly as all the babies were sleeping when we were there

Comments

Sian said…
Hello
I've been reading for some time now and I know just how your daughter feels. My twins were prem and tiny. Feeding tubes, monitors, wires etc. They felt like dolls that I was sometimes allowed to play with.
Three years later they are still small but so full of energy and mischief. So believe always.
There is great power in prayer and great power in a loving parent's heart. I think you know this, good on you for teaching your children by example as they in turn will teach theirs. Thankyou for letting me run on.
Love and blessings on you.
Patty said…
Thank you Sian for the encouragement. Melanie is so grateful for stories of others who have been there and came out with happy endings
Frgl Ldy said…
I have lurked on your blog for months. The birth of your precious grandbaby has brought me out of hiding. ;)

My dear friend gave birth to her daughter at 6 months. Baby was so incredibly tiny when she was born. She's now a happy, healthy, incredibly smart 2 year old. I just know Mei-Ling will be too. I am keeping you all in my thoughts.

Popular Posts