Mothers Day Week-end





Emery is always so good at planning a wonderful mothers day week-end for me. Today was my day to do whatever I wanted. A bit of shopping at a baby's clothing store, lunch outside at Cafe on the Run. Fire roasted vegetable pizza, fresh fruit and of course some Italian ice cream. A bottle of French lemonade to go along with it.
Since we were not far from the hospital, we decided to stop in and spend some time with Mei-Ling. We both enjoyed holding her and cuddling her. She may come home on Monday, at least that is what the nurses told Melanie and Casi tonight.
Tonight Emery took me out for Chinese food, took me shopping for perfume and then we settled in for a quiet evening. Tomorrow is actually mothers day so I suspect there will be more fun to be had. To be honest I would just love to sleep late, stay in my pajama's most of the day and do next to nothing.
The girls both gave me the sweetest mothers day cards, that will be treasured for many years, put along side all the other cards they have given me through the years. Its been a fun day. I always have celebrated mothers day the day before, the being taken out to eat part that is. Big crowds are not something I enjoy so choosing the day before, makes things a bit quieter, just the way I like it. Sunday will be more of a family celebration day.


Our food
The empty section of the Cafe, which we chose so we could have some quiet conversations
A male Grackle sitting on the back of a chair, nearby
Dessert ! Amaretto chocolate chip. I love the little shovel like spoons they give you. A great way to enjoy the ice cream slowly

Comments

Michele said…
Your Mother's Day sounds wonderful! Great pics, that ice cream looks so good!
Lockwood Maids said…
Good Morning Mom.
Happy Mother's Day !
We are here at church but when we are done we are lookong forward to comming over.
Love you lot's
Steven & Priscilla
Robin J. said…
I want that pizza! Your Mother's Day celebration sounds lovely, my style -- quiet and real.

I have a bouquet of tulips this morning! Gorgeous coral tipped with yellow. Oh, and lots of hugs.

Popular Posts