Needing Prayers


Tomorrow is the day Mei-Ling has her surgery. Its difficult to hold her today and not think about what is to take place tomorrow. I keep thinking its not fair for such a tiny one to endure the pain of an operation. Yes, of course I know its needed and how amazing the things the Doctors can do...I am ever so grateful, but I also know its going to hurt her, cause her some pain and that is difficult to deal with. I know that God is able to do fantastic miracles. He can part the sea, create a world, and so much more. He could you know, heal Mei-Ling. Its in His power to do so. Frankly I question Him on why He doesn't do that. I'd be lying to myself and to everyone else if I didn't admit to those feelings and just say I am fine with His decision to NOT do that.
Its just one of those things I just have to put in the "I don't understand" file. It doesn't make me mad or bitter or any of those things and I know all the correct responses about Gods will, God is using medical science, etc. God has done amazing things in Mei-Lings little life, and people have learned to lean on Him for strength and seek a closer walk with Him because of her. But still I wish she did not have to hurt so much at such an early part of her life.
Please keep her in your prayers tomorrow and even today. Pray also for the Doctors and the staff at Childrens hospital, that their hands be guided by a higher power.

Comments

Christine said…
This morning when I woke up I already was thinking of Mei-Ling and another family whose little boy is having surgery today. I can only imagine how hard it is for families going through this. I suppose someday in the not too far future I will most likely be going through it with Cooper too and then I will have to come up with a whole new level of strength I didn't know I had in me. I won't give you any advice about God and why He isn't just fixing everything for her. I don't know why. I struggle with questions like that in regard to my own son too. I will absolutely be praying for her and the doctors today and tomorrow and in the days following the surgery that she isn't uncomfortable. I will be praying for you and the rest of your family as well. Is she having the reimplantation surgery or deflux?
Heart at Home said…
I'll be praying for Mei-Ling and her parents and grandparents too.
I have every confidence that the Lord will use the surgeon's hands to repair her body and that He will heal her very quickly.
Bless you.
Sunny said…
They can medicate her for pain. No need for her to suffer horribly. If you think she needs something I have every confidence in your ability to speak up LONG AND LOUD if need be. Thinking about you.
2 LMZ FARMS said…
It just breaks my heart looking at her and knowing what is ahead for her. I can't imagine what you are going through. Will keep you and yours in my prayers. The Lord has something big planned for that little one.
Laura
Mrs.T said…
Will be praying for you and yours..
{{hang in there }}}

Denise in TN
R. Aastrup said…
I know and understand your wondering why. It is your faith, though, that will help you get through the wondering until you can have the face-to-face conversation. Someday, all we do not understand here on earth will be made plain. Doesn't make it easier for now, but it does make me long for that day of answers to come soon, doesn't it? I'm praying for you...

Popular Posts