The Day

A trip to town, Mei-Ling needed to see one of her Doctors, in a months time she gained no weight, concerns and a need for prayer that her appetite grow. Some shopping, and then home.
Pizza tonight with Steven and Priscilla, Elizabeth in my arms, such joy. I feel so blessed. Now home, the fire glowing, copper reflections on the wood floor. Candles in the window, chasing off the darkness. Lamps burning brightly, wicks flickering. My shawl tossed on the sofa, waiting for me to wrap myself in as I knit tiny little socks to keep baby toes warm in the coming winter months. Emery reading his book, the constant of our home. He is my strength and my protector, always seeking ways to make my life easy. Seeing him across the room makes me feel complete.

It feels like winter tonight, that cozy warmth of home, filled with love and a simple joy that cannot be measured.

Comments

My prayers continue for Mei-Ling and you all...
Sian said…
I love your blog, Patty. Thanks for sharing :)

Popular Posts