Supper Tonight, Patty's Après Hike Meal in a Pot

After a hike, cooking is not foremost on my mind, but eating a good meal is.
We are back to our healthy eating. I am trying to cut down on the sugar again, not that we eat lots but more than I want to be eating.
In all my recipes I have been using soy or almond milk in place of cows milk. Dairy seems to make my hands swell for some strange reason. Drank goats milk for so long I never had to think about it.
Anyway, coming home from hiking had me put lots of things in a pot and call it a meal. We like that type of thing. It was yummy and smelled heavenly cooking.


Patty's Après Hike Meal in a Pot
Here is what went into the pot....
1/2 red onion cut up into wedges, sautéed in a bit of olive oil.
1 eggplant cut up into bite size chunks
2 zucchinis, cut up into chunks
1 cup lentils, rinsed well
1 can organic diced tomatoes
maybe 2 cups tiny carrots
some water, maybe 3 cups
all guess work here, I don't measure much
4 cloves of garlic
teaspoon Jamaican Jerk seasoning

simmered for a couple hours at the end of cooking it just before serving it, I added a jar of organic spaghetti sauce
We served it over spinach noodles and it was really yummy.

Don't ya just love cooking creatively !

Comments

Anonymous said…
This sounds like something I could throw together in the crock pot too - I love these "made up" meals :-)
Patty said…
We sometimes call them, "clean out the cupboard meals" : )

Popular Posts