Simple Beauty Around Us



We are under a tornado watch tonight. The air feels heavy and warm. You can feel the instability in the air. Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to be close to 100. After that cool again.
I was out looking at the sky and seeing all the beauty so close around me. Flowers in bloom, hummingbirds, within a breath of me. Clouds filling the sky with color. There is nothing to compare with the sounds and sights of nature. They are gifts to us.
I feel that need to be silent, hushed voices as if I was in a library or a great museum. Awe.
How lucky I am to have this all around me. Simple beauty, speaking volumes to me about peace, and contentment.

Comments

Beautiful photos! :) When does it start to feel like Autumn in Texas? Here in Florida I'm putting up the decor, but other than the humidity starting to subside a BIT, we're still looking at highs of 93. Mid October we'll begin our cooldown.
Kelli said…
I'm glad to hear there is a cool front coming through. I can't take much more of this hot weather!
Kelli
uhoava gnu said…
Haven't been visiting any blogs for a while but now I should have more time for that. Great to see you're here and writing! I'll read your old posts soon - the adventure seemed really interesting. Lovely pic's!
Marci said…
Pat, I can't believe 100 in September. Is that odd? Last night was a low of around 49 and the night before that was around 39. Today the high is 69 and it is raining.

What is the yellow flower in the last picture?
Tina Leigh said…
Hey Patty...boy I go to work for a couple of days & you Mama blog so many neat things I can hardly keep up, LOL! I agree with you about the color orange...it is funny how I am drawn to the color this time of year. Tomorrow is the 1st day of FALL!!!
Patty said…
Mrs Pivec
Autumn should arrive within the month here. I am so anxious for it. By the end of October, there is a real honest chill in the air
Patty said…
Hi Marci,
they call it a candle plant. I have tons of seeds if you want to give it a try I will send you some
JacquiG said…
It's funny you posted this today. The last few days I've been struck by the view that greets my eye as I go through my own back gate every day. I just posted about this myself. It's not a stunning view, but a simple and restful one, one that I love, and one I should take the time to appreciate more often.

Jackie in ON

Popular Posts