Corn Bread is Ready


The weather made it just right for baking a pan of cornbread. I set to mixing up the stone ground corn that we buy from Homestead Heritage near Waco, with nice whole wheat flour, honey, eggs and some fresh milk.
When Emery came home at lunch time he was greeted with the smell of cornbread baking. I sure am enjoying this cool weather. Makes me feel so alive and so much more the homesteader.

Mixing up the cornbread

the recipe on the back of the corn meal bag
Cooling in the window

Comments

Elaine Adair said…
I truly love the peace and gentleness of your Blog. Thank you, and I wish I was there. 8-)

Elaine Adair
Anonymous said…
It's sometimes hard not to long for the days like yours - a peaceful, quiet, reflective time (you write about it so well!). I must remember to enjoy the noisy hustle and bustle of the children's comings and goings right now because they'll be gone all to quickly.
Finn said…
The cornbread does look lovely, and isn't it interesting that the cooler days seem to bring that and soups and stews to mind.
I love corn bread with my black bean soup! Hugs, Finn

Popular Posts