Pumpkin Fever

Something happens to many Americans in the Autumn. A love affair with the humble pumpkin blossoms and becomes almost an addiction.
We talk about pumpkin pie as if it was a loved one, we buy pumpkins to put around our homes, we have fake ones in our house. The stores become a sea of huge orange orbs. Recipes like pumpkin smoothies and pumpkin pancakes become the rage.
Just this morning I had pumpkin flavored coffee, a bowl of mashed pumpkin and as if I couldn't get enough orange stuff, I added to my breakfast some carrot juice and carrot bread. I risk turning yellow from all the carotene in my body.
Each new fall day, I go over my recipes searching for one more good pumpkin recipe to make. Lets see, next should be Pumpkin fudge, yes I really do have a recipe for that and its wonderful. Rich but really good.
There are my favorite pumpkin squares that people come far and wide to taste, and pumpkin rolls and pumpkin whoppie pies. One time I made this pumpkin recipe that no one liked. They made the comment, "mom, you don't have to make that again.
It was a baked pumpkin with filled with wild rice. The rice could have been used as bullets and let me tell you I baked that thing for a long time. Something just went wrong with it.

This is pumpkin season for sure and I am enjoying every single minute of it.

Comments

The table looks like it should be in a "Home" Magazine. I too love pumpkin.
Granny said…
When Chad was little, he did eat so many carrots that he began to turn orange and we had to withhold them for a while.

I have had pumpkin fudge and it is yummy! Last year I processed my own pumpkins but this year I think I'll be a wimp and used canned pumpkin.

Judy L.
jodie said…
Very interesting.... here in Australia punpkin is treated as a vegetable, we roast it, or mash it or make yummy pumkin soup.

I have heard of pumpkin scones, but never made them!

Jodie
jodie said…
oops! pumpkin, not punkin!!!

Jodie
Marci said…
Pat, I too LOVE pumpkin. We had an ice cream place in Florida that was all homemade ice cream. A small cone was HUGE. He made pumpkin every fall. I would start buggin him at the end of August. =)

We used to go the mountains each fall to see the leaves. We did not get the beautiful autumn in Florida. I would get pumpkin fudge each year. Would you be willing to share your recipe for that and the bars?
Patty said…
Marci,
I forgot to mention pumpkin ice cream. We have an ice cream place called Braums and they have it every year. So good with a piece of pumpkin pie.
I will post the recipes today for you.
Thanks for posting the recipes. I have printed them out and will give to my husband. He cooks and I sew, our family motto.

Popular Posts