Answers to your BURNING question

A number of you have asked what sparked this tirade of Lizzy's, so here are the facts. There are many who witnessed the whole ordeal unfold. To be honest, its got me totally mystified to this day. But some kind folks in the mental health field have shed some light on her behaviors. Thanks guys !
She and I were exchange partners for an Embroidered Tea towel exchange last fall time, yes a full year ago.
A close family member was sick and I was emotionally preoccupied with that. I neglected to even tell Lizzy that the towel would be late, my mistake, I admit and I apologized several times for not informing her. After my aunts death in Sept, I was able to send off the tea towel but by that point I was already "evil" in Lizzys eyes and she refused to accept the tea towel. Now in the big scheme of things, this is such a small deal. Like how about not sweating the small stuff. But perhaps a tea towel was the world to her, worth a years worth of brewing and simmering to the boiling point, I have no idea. So from that point onward, no apology from me was sufficient and I was "evil". So for a year this woman has brewed and stewed over a silly tea towel. Calling on the morality of people to stick to the obligations set out before them. Sure I agree, but life happens, I was very sorry for not saying it would be late and not sure what else I could have done. Wow, people starve and wars happen, and children suffer, the world is full of serious issues to dwell on and work towards a change. Far more important issues in life occur. So there are the facts. So many times I would write something on my blog about some simple thing, she was sure it was about her, and believe me it never was, since I hardly give the woman a thought, she would write some super defensive thing on her blog and slam away. I tried being nice to her in an attempt to just change her tune, that was a sad mistake on my part as it brought on the latest email barrage from her. So that was not a road to take in this instance.
Anyway, everyone else was a delight to exchange with and I shall miss the tea towel exchanges.

I have run fast like a good and honorable coward, far away from her. Never like the unpredictable behaviors in some folk that carry around a lot of baggage or whatever !
So now you know the root of my being called evil. Its all quite silly when put into print. A year over WHAT !

An obligation that fell by the wayside, an apology given publicly and privately. Mercy should be in there somewhere next to forgiveness for a Christian I would think.

Its time now to say a prayer for peace and let sleeping dogs lie once and for all.

There are so many serious issues in life that need to be dealt with. Families seperated by anger and hurt, starving children, children being abused, homeless folks, untreated mental illness, the enviornment, people with no health insurance, elderly alone and hurting, war and hatred, intolerance, violence and unrest. Just to name a few items from the morning news.

On a side note here, Blogger is not letting me upload pictures today. I have tried and tried.

Comments

Patti said…
Good grief - was that all? My goodness, for someone who professes to be such a devout Christian she is sure choosing some very important teaching of Christianity to ignore!
What a very sad story. Life has taught me that no matter how hard I might try there are some people that I just can't appease. Those are the ones I have to walk away from and pray for. I've wondered over the last several years if some of those people come into my life so I can roll model for my girls how to treat them. Opportunities to teach forgivness, Love, Grace and Mercy....not being judgemental and not gossiping... and hopefully by taking this road the other person will be touched and affected and maybe be affected in a very positive way. Patty it seems to be that you've done all you can to appease this lady, maybe one day she will realize this. God Bless you :)
Hi, During a search on the web I found your blog and have been reading for weeks.

I to have been emotionally preoccupied with my moms illness and her death in July. I was not able to finish a wall hanging project for a client. The wall hanging was being given as a wedding gift. I was very lucky to have an understanding client.

I understand where you are coming from and wish you the very best.

If you and I ever have the chance to be exchange partners I would be honored.
Anonymous said…
Life's way too short to waste time being angry over a late tea towel! Keep on smilin' and enjoy your week :-)
Alena said…
Dear Patty,
I just want to say hello after all those days I was not posting :o), nevertheless I was following your blog closely even if all that moving buzz I did not have energy to leave any comment... There were so many exciting things happening at your home - what a beautiful wedding Melanie had! many blessings for her and her husband...
I do admire your patience with that lady, if I were you I would be ignoring her for ages already...
Take care and do not loose your time with problems you cannot solve :o)
A.
I've often told my children that I know God is real if Christianity can survive Christians! Having been hurt deeply by some of my fellow brethren. Yes, all you can do is let it go and know there are new friends who are delighted to have found you.

I had the same problem with uploading pictures last week. I remembered having posting problems before and when I "cleared the cache", it fixed them. I did it again last week and the pictures started loading fine. Hope that helps!
You're right about the fact that you don't really know what other people are thinking (or harbouring). It's a shame you've had all this heartache over such a small thing."Wipe your feet", walk away and pray that she becomes reconciled with what went between you.
JacquiG said…
I am amazed that all this fuss is over something quite petty really, in the grand scheme of things. Common sense and common courtesy would dictate that family issues take priority over something like a tea towel swap. Just another example of how uncommon common sense is becoming.

Sounds like you did everything you could to set things right. Unfortunately it is Christians like this who leave a bad feeling for some people. I've been kicked off two Christian women's news groups for daring to suggest tolerance. You and some others I've "met" via your blog are showing me what Christians can (and should?) be. And I thank you for that.

Jackie in ON
Peggy said…
Life is way too short and wonderful to sweat the small stuff! If only she could see all the wonderful things she has missed seeing or enjoying by dwelling on this! Love your blog!
sidulrike said…
Guess all there´s left for you to do it to pray for her and feel sorry for her not being able to forgive you. How unhappy must she be - if she were in peace with herself she could be in peace with you regardless of what happened (which you had a perfectly acceptable explanation for!). Lets just hope she figures out why she can´t forgive you and maybe she´ll even let you know and things can go back to normal. If not, oh well. Can´t make everyone happy and you certainly tried!! :-D

Popular Posts