Shades of Autumn and hints of an Adventure to Come


Its a good thing I doubled the pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe, as you can see by the photo, there are not many left. Emery has enjoyed more than a couple of them, and we did have some friends stop by last night and they each had one. I had a couple too.
This morning when tidying the living room and looking at some of the autumn things are tucked here and there to add some color, this fall afghan reminded me how much fun it was to make. It took just a couple days to crochet, simple pattern but just gives the room a more completed fall look. I have made them for several holidays. Green and white for St Patrick's day, Red, white and green for Christmas and then a pastel one for spring time.
Its time for me to get to work, weeding the front flower beds, then cleaning up the woodshed a bit in preparation for the winters wood being stacked.
I want to walk the fence line to see how it looks as my dear husband has agreed to some sheep.
Cooking and cleaning later in the day and then some time spent on planning a great adventure the end of this month. A big adventure that I will share with you later today. Its even one you can join me in, if you are brave enough......stay tuned for the details

Comments

I have got to try those pumpkin rolls. I love just about anything with pumpkin.

It has been chilly and wet here lately so I was in the mood for kitchen time. I made blueberry and pecan pancakes for breakfast and I have soup bones and an onion browning in the oven. I'll take them out shortly and get a good soup broth started. My household likes it when weather gets cold, I start cooking again. Perhaps I'll try your pumpkin rolls today.

Isn't it interesting how women grieve (as in your case, the loss of a precious pet). We either cook, or sew, or week the garden, or all the above.
Sigh...weed in the garden (not week) but I think you know that.

I really should proofread more carefully but I was thinking of your pumpkin rolls.
Patty said…
Brenda, I never even noticed the week, but read it as weed. I believe our minds work that way, see it in context, it has the right amount of letters etc.

Popular Posts