Almost Time for the BIG Adventure

The BIG adventure is just about upon us. Today I made lists of the things I cannot do for the two day step back in time. Suddenly it occurred to me, no elastic. Well, I went right to my cedar chest and took out my great grandmothers "bloomers". No elastic there. Figured I would make myself a pair just like hers, well..... sorta.
I thought maybe I would sew mine up the middle a bit.
Just seemed too drafty for me to make them like hers.
Thought about window screens. I have them, so should we remove them ??? It would be more correct to be sure, but we have had " West Nile " in our county and mosquitoes are plenty. Have to mull that one over a bit. Safety is more important in this case I think.
The list keeps growing of things NOT allowed for me.
At some times, I wonder what in the world have I gotten myself into ????
Its going to be a profound learning experience. One of appreciation for what we have and also for what our ancestors went through.
I suspect some areas will not be much different than how we lived in the past. The weather man said cool weather and after our 92 degree day today, that made me extremely happy. Thoughts of a fire going for cooking when its already so hot, was not appealing.
So those of you who are joining me on this adventure, let me know how your plans are going !
I think each night I will blog my progress but will not check email or do any other computer business.


Comments

Reviekat said…
Hi Patty, we're starting our Big Adventure tonight - ours is going to be four days since we did the two-day trial run a couple of weekends ago. I posted to my blog how some of our house looks to start teh experiment.

I have two skirts, two pairs of cotten bloomers and a button up cotton camisole. My shirts are also cotton button shirts.

So, the girls and I are ready and we're starting tonight!

Have fun and see you on Monday!
JacquiG said…
I can't join you on your adventure, but I can't wait to hear all about it!! I'm looking forward to your pictures and your writings about your experiences.

Have fun!

Jackie in ON

Popular Posts