A Mother Daughter Day



Melanie had the day off, which seems rare these days so we decided a mother/daughter day was long overdue. For lunch we hit my favorite spot in Ft Worth, The Spiral Diner, which by the way was voted best vegetarian restaurant in Ft Worth for 2006. It is too !
I had my usual, The Jamaican Jerk sandwich. Oh its to die for. So good. I love the way they wrote Jerk with the vegan mayo. Its the name of the sandwich, nothing to do with the customer .
Melanie had the same and we each had a nice cool glass of agave sweetened limeade.
No room for dessert.
We had to do some shopping, yes, I mean it, we had to shop. Got new jeans for Emery and a few magazines, "Mothering" ( I have been reading this magazine for the past 27 years, it formed so much of my philosophy on mothering) and "Backpacker". Along with a book on the hiking and backpacking trails in Texas.
By late afternoon, it was time for a stop at Starbucks. Melanie had the green tea frappachino with Blackberry and I had, what else, a Pumpkin Spice Frappachino. Told you, Pumpkins and Autumn are just meant to be enjoyed together.
It was so great spending the day together. I just wish my Melissa was here too. Each and every day I count my blessings that my children enjoy their parents company as much as we enjoy theirs. In parenting our children, we accomplished what we wanted for our them. To have competent, independent, adults that contribute to society in such positive ways and that pick the right people to share their lives with. We all talk often. Share deep conversations on world situations, philosophy, religion, great books, politics and so much more. As parents, what more could we ask for ?
Oh, I know what more we could ask for, grandchildren !

My Jamaican Jerk Sandwich

Melanie on the phone to work (no rest for the weary)

Frappachino's



Comments

Marci said…
I am really glad you got a day with one of your girls. Too bad, she has to be on the phone with work, when she has a day off.

I too am anxioius for grandchildren, although, I better get him married off first. =)
Patti said…
Give them a little time, mom . . . they've not been married all that long! :-) Some time together alone learning about each other first is always a good idea. Grandchildren will come - I've waited for almost 7 years for it to finally start happening.
Kelli said…
I'm glad to hear you and Melanie had a wonderful day together!
Kelli
Patty said…
heheeh, yes Patti, Melanie and Casi have just been married a short time, but Melissa and James, have been married nearing 2 years : )
Pumpkin spice...my favorite Starbucks flavor.

I'm jealous, my daughter lives 1,000 miles away!
Your day sounds lovely! I love Mothering magazine too!

Popular Posts