Sunrise on the Homestead



This mornings sunrise was nothing but spectacular. Of course photos cannot capture the true essence of the moment. Missing are the sounds of the birds and small animals. The scent of the damp grass and the sweet smell of the Italian pine are not able to be captured and paired up with the photo and shared with you, but the eye candy of the moment was profound in of itself.
Each day, the miracle of the earths cycles presents itself to us, often in colors that leave us breathless with wonder.
This morning, deep gold's, shining mixed with nearly black gray. I mused that it seemed a decorators big leap to make a room so dramatic and pull it off, yet here in front of me, was my whole world draped in colors so exhilarating to the soul.

The very scene before me, seemed exotic, so unlike the reality of where I was. A tiny farm in North Texas. I remembered sunrises in the middle east. Dramatic but it suited the place, so ancient and so full of the history of mankind. Here is so ordinary by comparison, but only because it is the place of my daily living.
This morning drenched in gold and blacks, sparked a desire to go back in time a bit.... to other places I have been, filled with exotic sights and sounds .




Comments

Granny said…
Patty, that is truly a fantstic sunrise!

Judy L.
Sandra said…
Beautiful pictures Patty. I love sunrises (and sunsets for that matter).

Popular Posts