"My Cup Overflows...with the Comfort of God's Love"


Every once in a while you come across a book that speaks to you in a special way. One of my Goodwill finds last week was the book "My Cup Overflows....with the Comfort of God's Love" by Emilie Barnes. I have long been a fan of hers. Many many years ago when we lived in Southern California I went to see her speak on More Hours in My Day. What a delight she was. Anyway, I thought when I picked up this book it would make a nice gift for someone if they were going through a hard time or something as that's what its about. Dealing with hard times. Today I sat down and read ever single word of the book. What a treat. Refreshing, enlightening, and certainly a book to encourage anyone.
If you get a chance to read this book, please do.
One paragraph, (really two so you know what its about) that just really touched me was this....
"And now more than ever, I understand why it sometimes seems to take so long for God to accomplish his work in us.
He Doesn't have to do things the long way ! God is God and if he wants to zap us with a lightening bolt, he can. He could change our circumstances with the blink of an eye. But I think God is a lot more interested in changing hearts than he is in changing circumstances. And changing a stubborn human heart takes time, even for a sovereign Lord."
There is the perfect answer for all of us who wish God would move a little faster when we ask for something.
She writes candidly about her need to control her environment and be so organized. Just an excellent book. Its going to stay on my bookshelf as a keeper.

It gives me courage to keep praying for Scott, year after year
If you have read this book, please share what you thought about it too.

Grateful for so many things tonight....
Answered prayers
Golden sunlight streaming into the windows
Naps
Fluffy kittens
Children I am so proud of
A cooler evening
Books found at Goodwill

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
I haven't read this book, but I, too, got to go to her house for one of her "More Hours in My Day" workshops. My sister's mother-in-law is a huge fan and has every book she ever wrote...and follows much of what she advocates.

The quote is interesting...and thought-provoking...and makes a lot of sense.
Patty said…
I have her cleaning schedule posted on my fridge. I try to follow it, but sometimes things get out of order, because I either read most of the day, play on the computer for too long, or sew.
Its really a good book.
La Tea Dah said…
I love Emilie Barnes. . .and also have the book you pictured. I've been very blessed by her thoughts and insights. How special that you were able to go to one of her seminars! Do you have her book on home decorating where her own home is featured? Each room is so beautiful! It shows all aspects of her lovely 'barn' home.
Patty said…
No, I don't have that book La Tea Dah. What is the title so I can look it up, if you don't mind ?

Popular Posts