Breakfast Thoughts



While having breakfast this morning, I was trying to read about Mother Teresa, but my mind was swimming with idea on just how I want to decorate Melanie's room after she is married. She laughs at my plans, suggesting that I am in a hurry to get her out of the house. Of course that's not true and she is only teasing me.
Finally, I gave into my dreaming and set aside a book on the "simple path" to something on the far opposite side of the spectrum.
I have pretty well decided on a girlie girl guest room, pink roses, not shabby chic but more of an English formal style.
I have been pouring over decorating books, especially my copy of "The Complete Book of Bedroom Elegance" by Lady Caroline Wrey. What a treasure this book is. Filled with gorgeous pictures and the "how to's" to make that look happen for you.
Its fun to dream and plan. Since I love so many of the rooms in this book, it seems almost a sure thing that the Amish quilt look guest bedroom will also be transformed. Time for me to change that room as well. Lots of reasons to change it.
Perhaps blue and white for that room.
In the fall when things are more quiet around here, we will begin building on our back porch. Another room added on. So far we have added on twice to this house, making our living room twice as big as it was, adding the computer room which will some time soon become part of our bedroom making that room much larger. We added on a dining room and a large bathroom. Its so much fun taking an old house and transforming it. Having dreams and planning new things is good for a person. Keeps you feeling alive and full of hope .


Comments

Alena said…
hi Patty,
your decorating and building plans sound great, you will certainly enjoy that job and even more the result... looking forward to seing the result, hope that everything goes easy and smooth with the wedding preparations... take care and enjoy...
a.
Kelli said…
Oohh..I can't wait to see what you decide to do! And a back porch sounds like a lovely add-on.
Kelli
Marci said…
I am sure the room is going to be beautiful. You always do a great job.
Lucy said…
Before you changed your amish look bedroom . will you share a picture with us :-) ... I also love to watch in decorate books. and pick out some ideas... the books you have are beautiful! We will see what you decide to do !...

Popular Posts