Dinner For Two then Four




With the house quiet I prepared the evening meal. Emery was out working in the chicken house, Melanie and Casi off to town to shop for wedding things. I set the table for two thinking it would be just Emery and I.
I made a meal of Caserecce with garlic tomato sauce and topped with a mix of portabella mushrooms, green and red peppers, onions, garlic, zucchini and summer squash. I had an Herb salad prepared with tiny baby carrots and cherry tomatoes from the garden.
Candles lit. Italian music playing in the background. I was dressed for meal time, finding it a delight to change into something more dressy than my work clothes of the day. Emery all refreshed after his work.

Just as we sat for the meal Casi and Melanie walked through the door. We were thrilled ! There was plenty of food to go around. Melanie came home looking lovely with MY black hat on, but no matter, I am just happy she likes to wear hats.
It was a delightful evening. We all got up from the table around 9 p.m. so that gives you a clue that it was indeed a pleasant time.
A simple fare, simple dishes, but still special. Its nice to be home.


Melanie
Me
The table all set

Comments

Sunny said…
Patty! Your hair looks so pretty. That's a nice style for you. I like the beads too.
Leah Spencer said…
I agree with Sunny, love your hair... but what really grabs me are your blue eyes. I bet Emery has spent many enjoyable hours staring into them. :)
Alena said…
Hi Patty, your haircut is really nice, it suits you so much, thank you for sharing this photo and also all those happy moments of these days, it was nice to be allowed to follow your adventures :o)
you made beautiful photos, I am looking forward to seing much more of them in your future posts...
Enjoy being home...
oh, and thank you for the kind comment on my blog :o)
Clara....in TN said…
Melanie looks so cute in the hat.

Popular Posts