Life Changing Purchase



When I was in Massachusetts, my sister and I went to Wal-Mart shopping. I was telling her about this nail buffer thing that makes your fingernails shine without nail polish, so we went down the isle to get one for her. There on the same shelf, next to the tweezers and nail files was a mirror. 10 X or 15 X something like that, small and round, nothing fancy. I looked in it for a laugh, only to find the most shocking sight in my life ! My pores looked like great cavernous holes. Tiny blond hairs sprouted out of my face in massive numbers. I had never notices them before. Suddenly it seemed I was the missing link. Gorilla Woman or Big Foots wife. I stood there shocked and decided I needed, no, must have one of those mirrors in order to face the world properly.
My eyebrows had been neatly tweezed or so I thought, but after looking in this mirror stray hairs appeared the size of bamboo in a bamboo forest.
Of course I made my sister look at herself in this magic mirror and she bought one too. How could we have gone through life for so many years without one. We felt like hiding our faces from everyone in the store. Did they see us like this mirror reflected us ??? We rushed out of the store and sat in the car, checking our faces as if we had never seen our own faces before. Eyebrows neatly trimmed, and rid ourselves of those amazing stray hairs that sprout at menopause. Suddenly I have become a girlie girl. Checking my pores daily, and as you can see doing facial masks. The mirror stuck to the bathroom window where the best light is to ensure each "problem" can be seen and worked on. Life was so much easier before this mirror. I faced the world with enlarged pores and stray hairs in total ignorance.
We told my oldest sister about this mirror and what it shows and she said very calmly, "oh yes, I have had one of those for years." Well, why didn't you tell us ?
Maybe she was being nice, after all this mirror does make life more complicated. Now I have to do these green and blue masks and check the progress of my shrinking pores and hunt for unwanted hairs.
I noticed my gray hairs in this mirror and now have washed them away, thanks to some little box with bottles that you mix together.
Next it may be nail polish or curling irons or even hair conditioner. I may even start using make-up ! Oh this one little purchase has really changed how I see things : )

Comments

Anonymous said…
hee hee! I daren't look in the mirror too closely, but maybe I should :-)
Sunny said…
Maybe I'll get one too. As we age we need to take extra care of ourselves in order to have that well-cared for look. "Natural" looking is for twenty somethings.
Genuine Lustre said…
LOL!
I draw the line at coloring my gray.
Patty said…
I colored my hair with that wash out stuff. I just don't have it in me to be consistant with coloring hair. I would have roots all the time showing. After coloring my hair I was jealous of my oldest sisters beautiful gray hair so back to gray in 20 more hair washings !
Kelli said…
Hmm...I'll have to look for one of these mirros in the store. I know I need to pluck my eyebrows again...ouch!

Popular Posts