Dishes and More Dishes !





My dear friend "Farm Girl" asked me where I keep all my dishes etc. A very good question indeed. So I thought I would share.The main holder of China is my Welsh Cupboard, it holds a lot of china and has two drawers, one I use for flatware and the other holds my many cloth napkins.
Some of my tea things stay on my tea cart all the time and then I have two shelves for tea cups. Now I have told myself not to collect more tea cups than these two shelves can hold but if something wonderful came on eBay or something, I may just break that rule.
My everyday dishes, three sets, yes, that is excessive I know, but I adore dishes and you need different kinds of dishes for different types of food and atmosphere right ??? well anyway they are stored in the kitchen cabinets, along with my glasses and stemware.
Linens all stay in the one and only linen closet in this old house, which is really the boys old bedroom closet.
When that gets full, I guess there will be no "new" linens added until I have the heart to move something along to make place for something new.
Its fun trying to be creative and put things together to make it look right for the moment.
That's half the fun of setting any table.

Comments

Unknown said…
Your lovely assortment of china reminds me of one afternoon DH and I (minus the kids who were with their grandparents) stopped off and had a cream tea in the lovely market town of Hereford on the English/Welsh border - the cafe was also an antique shop and they served their teas on the antique crockery they were selling - nothing matched except individual cups and saucers of course but it was so quaint and lovely
Carole Burant said…
Hi Patty:-) I was blog surfing and came upon your blog...I've just read quite a few of your posts and I must say I've really enjoyed it!! I love all your dishes...I've got some of my gran's old dishes put on display on a shelfing unit in the kitchen and think of her every time I see them:-) I hope you don't mind if I come visit you again? Take care:-)
Patty said…
Patti, I was too embarressed to say how many sets of dishes I have so the number mentioned was just the every day stuff : ) Its just so much fun to have several kinds. One must have Christmas dishes or at least winter themed ones and then there is the good china and the delicate fancy stuff that is for ladies functions, and on and on.
Melanie said…
Patty, I read your comment to Judy at Sunshine Quilts. I remember as a little girl, my Mom made all of my clothes. The scraps went to my Grandmother. It was always a treat to be covered up with one of her quilts as I was growing up because I would pick out quilt blocks from the clothes my Mom made for me and herself. It's neat the way you spark memories for me...
Thanks-
Melanie
Marci said…
Well, I guess I need to start saving for china cabinet. =) I do have somethings, and my Mom had a bunch. I am not sure my Dad is ready to let go of things though. Thanks for sharing Pat.
Kelli said…
Your dishes are so beautiful! I also think it is fun to set a table.

Popular Posts