Birdie Update

Just went out to have a look at the babies in the nest and mom and dad bird were off some where so I had a better opportunity to take some pictures. The babies were just resting on the side of the nest but with a slight bending of the pine needles to get a better shot, they were instantly wide mouthed waiting for food.
Their feathers show more development each new day and today you can see their eyes are a bit open.
This is the stage of development my first crow I raised was at when he came to us. He was so needy and fragile but made it just fine. I miss "Nevermore". He was one of my all time favorite pets. Noisy to be sure but still lots of fun.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
I am so enjoying the daily photo updates of these babies! My mother loves cardinals and had many come to her home in Bolton, MA, but she has none in the new place in Maine. We find that kind of strange, and she misses the "What Cheer" calls back and forth from the trees. She has lots of goldfinch, humming birds, and others, but longs for cardinals...
Patty said…
Cardinals are the most numerous of all the many birds we have here. cedar wax wings twice a year, tufted titmouse, wrens, purple finches, goldfinches, house finch, blue birds, downy woodpeckers, bluejays, inca dove, morning dove, chickadee, sissortail fly catchers, humming bird, and so many more. I love watching the birds at my feeders. Even the crows at my crow feeder. We have so many kinds of hawks, kites, falcons, and other birds of prey. With the open skys you get to see lots.
Maybe cardinals will come in time to your mothers yard

Popular Posts