Italian Cookies for Tea Time

These are simple cookies to make and they are not loaded with sugar. I made these along with many more as I doulbed the recipe this morning to have with Afternoon Tea. They store well in an airtight container. However they never last very long in this house to worry about storing them.

ITALIAN COOKIES

3 eggs

5 Tbs. sugar
½ cup vegetable oil

1 tsp. Anise or almond extract
2 cups + 2 Tbs. Flour

1 pinch salt
4 tsp. Baking powder

(I add anisette to taste)

Beat eggs with sugar, oil & flavoring. Stir in flour and baking powder.
Roll like meatballs. Wet fingertips with a little oil & it will be less sticky
(or I sometimes refrigerate it for awhile) to roll into balls.

Bake for 10 minutes at 400o

FROSTING

Mix confectioners sugar, milk and anisette (or anise extract) to a
consistency that can be drizzled from a spoon or not too thick to spread easily.
Top with sprinkles

Comments

Kelli said…
These are the cutest things! I'll bet they taste good too. I printed out the recipe and will let you know when I try them.
Kelli

Popular Posts