Some Days Chores are Less Fun than Other Days


















Some days chores are just a bit more of a challenge than other days. We have had rain or mist for an entire week now. Which is good since we are so behind on rainfall. However, all this rain makes doing chores a bit more of a chore. Take today for instance. It was time, over due really, to clean out the manure in the rabbit barn. Its a bit messier in wet conditions but certainly not as dusty. I grabbed my shovel and rake and went to work. Thinking all this rabbit stuff will be great for the roses. Now mind you I do all my farm chores in a dress, a long dress. I wear boots as you can see in the picture. Bright red ones, since red is my favorite color and also they are red for a practical reason. Everyone else in the family has black, so when my boots were black too, everyone was wearing mine and getting them all nasty. So if mine were different, they had no excuse for grabbing the wrong pair. Back to my chore of manure scooping...it was a messy job to say the least but glad to have it done. No one was around to help me so I got my workout. You have plenty of time to do some thinking while you are shoveling and raking that kinda thing. You could spend the time complaining to yourself about the task at hand but its far more helpful to think about the good aspect of the job.
It was nice to get the wheel barrow load of "stuff" put on the rose bushes and know the rain will help deliver the nutrition into the soil and give me some really pretty flowers this summer.
My boots are mud covered and my skirt is covered in mud splashes. My coat is soaking wet from the rain, but the rabbit barn is nice and clean !

Comments

Sunny said…
Glad you didn't drop your camera in the m... uh, mud.
Anonymous said…
HI Patty!

Glad to hear you got some rain if your area has been short! Interesting pictures---looks like your ground is well saturated. Your rabbits and roses will love you for your efforts.

Let your light shine!
Anonymous said…
LOL - I LOVE your red wellies! Isn't the rain great? We had some too and now the weeds are growing like crazy so we shall have some family gardening time next week :-)
Anonymous said…
I'd better explain: wellies = wellington boots = gum boots :-)
Patty said…
Hi Sandra,
we call them wellies too in our family !
Finn said…
Gorgeous pictures...I think nobody loves mud puddles as much as small children and people with red boots! they are great boots!! I think I'd like a yellow pair and I could look like Christopher Robin..*S* High fives for a job well done..not one to be loved, but it gives a sense of satifaction, I know..*S*

Popular Posts