Big Surprise At My Door Tonight


Tonight there was a knock on my door. We were surprised to see my daughters friend there. The roads are all so icy and she lives at least 40 miles from us. We welcomed her and then a bit later there was another knock at the door. I opened the door to find my oldest daughter who lives in Vermont. She surprised us by coming to see us for a week during her vacation. She kept it a secret from us. My daughters friend had picked her up at the airport and then made Melissa stay outside for a bit to make the surprise bigger.
I can't stop smiling. Its been over a year since we have had any time with Melissa. She came for a couple hours in September but that hardly counts.
In the picture my daughter Melanie is on the left, in the middle their friend Sloan and then on the right my oldest daughter Melissa.
I am one happy mother tonight !

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a wonderful surprise! Enjoy your time together - there's nothing like family gathered round and even better when it's a surprise :-)
Christine said…
What a lovely surprise! I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time with them!
Finn said…
Such lovely girls Patty, and I definitely see a resemblence in Melissa...*VBS* What a great surprise!!! Hugs, Finn
Reviekat said…
I'm so happy you had such a wonderful surprise!!

Have a lot of fun with your family this week!
Lucy said…
What a big surprise. enjoy your time with them! :c)
I hope you have had a wonderful time with your daughters! The burritos sound super yummy....there is a place here that does those 'build as you watch' burritos too....one is enough for two!!

Bonnie
Sunny said…
Can't tell you how happy I am for you.

Popular Posts