Soup Is Done


"The tradition of eating pea soup and pancakes on Thursdays is said to originate in the pre-Reformation era, as preparation for fasting on Friday." Wikipedia

The soup cooked quickly this morning on the wood stove. Perfect for lunch and then again for supper. I have no problem eating pea soup twice in one day ! My mother used to bring home a quart jar of pea soup from my great grandmothers house sometimes and it was fantastic. Made by my great Uncles Swedish wife. I remember feeling so happy that my mother took such joy in sharing it with me. The jar of warm thick green soup was just for the two of us. No one else liked it which was fine with us.

Comments

I never heard that before, Patty, about pea soup and pancakes on Thursdays. Thanks for teaching me something! Keep on taking care of yourself, counting your blessings and healing!
Aunt Jenny said…
I love pea soup...and hmmmmmm I think I have a hamhock in the freezer....we may have to have some this weekend. It is perfect soup weather!

Popular Posts