Peppermint Stick Sauce



This is a family favorite and now time again to make it for the upcoming holiday season. I posted this recipe last year but wanted to make sure my new readers have a chance to make it too !
Peppermint Stick Sauce
1 1/2 cups finely crushed peppermint candies
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream
In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients. Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, cook over medium heat until smooth. (this takes some time to melt the candy) Remove from the heat and pour into an airtight container and refrigerate.
Serve chilled over ice cream or cake.
Its wonderful with brownies and vanilla ice cream.
If you give it as a gift, include the suggested serving ideas.
Yield: about 2 cups
I doubled the recipe and ended up with 1 1/2 quart mason jars full.
As a gift, it looks wonderful to place in a basket with a few candy canes tied on to it and perhaps include a batch of brownies !

The recipe is from the book, "The Creative Christmas Kitchen"

Breaking up the candies with a mallet
Cooking the syrup
All Done !

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
oh yummy! I bet it would be good over pound cake too!
Unknown said…
Hi Patty,
About how long will that last in the fridge?

Thanks!
Patty said…
Hi Alicia,
Its never been around longer than a month for anyone that has it, not because it has gone bad, but because its been eaten up ! I really don't know how long it would last but I suspect a month at least
Anonymous said…
Oh, my goodness....this looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing :):):)
Oh, I remember this from last year! It looks divine! I wonder if I can make it with Silk soy creamer? Certainly, I'll give it a try.
Lynn Hasty said…
Patty, I LOVE your header. So pretty and cozy. I do stop by your blog whenever my crazy-busy life gives me time, but I have not commented in awhile. Just wanted you to know that I enjoy catching up with you and I appreciate your blog so much.

This recipe looks amazing! So festive but so simple. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Wishing you a *simply* merry December.

Lynn
slimjohnson said…
What a beautiful photo of your dining room!
Debra said…
I *love* your dining room.... it's gorgeous!! Blessings, Debra
Patty said…
Thanks for the compliments on our dinning room, its our favorite room in the house.
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! I'm going to have to make it for my nieces and nephew. They (and all the rest of us) will love it, I'm sure.

Popular Posts