Saturday thoughts

The wind is wild today, and it has been for much of the young month. Its amazing really how the winds came in and blew all the most stubborn leaves off the trees. Last night I went out for a walk out to the pasture, the moon was just coming up and I wanted to see the sight of the nearer moon. The crispy leaves that managed to hang on to the top limbs of the cottonwood tree sounded much like the sound of potato chips being poured out from a bag. Crispy and crunchy.
This afternoon, they all had lost their battle and were seen flying through the air, leaving a naked tree.
So often we are like those stubborn leaves, holding on to something we need to let go of and then we fuss when the strong breeze of life, blows them away from us. Nature is always the faithful teacher, the example for us, but we so often hide ourselves away from the lessons, opting to be inside most of the time.

This simple life of mine, pulls me outside every single day and I am the better for it.

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
I have to admit, I sometimes do not leave the house for days in a row. I am very comfortable at home. Especially alone when it is quiet. But I know it would be better for me to get outside and get some fresh air every single day. I will work on it. Maybe if I had chickens and goats I'd have no other choice! lol!

Popular Posts