What Does $150 worth of Whole Food look like

My husband and I did our food shopping tonight at Whole Foods. Love that store. Its not real close to us so we ususally go a couple times a month and pick other stuff up locally. Whole Foods has so many good things. We always get a snack and eat it in the little eating area. Came home with 4 bags full of food. Most of what we got is organic. Lots of nuts, beans, grains and some purple potatoes and garnet yams. Also got things like tortillas, honey, maple syrup, cashew butter, tofu and some frozen fruits for smoothies. Oh we did get some incense as I was just about out of them.
But eating healthy is not cheap. Glad we have a big garden !
It sure doesn't look like much for $150 but there are lots of meals in there just waiting to be made.

Comments

Christine said…
Whole Foods is NOT cheap! But it sure is a great store!! I sometimes go during lunch, just to snoop around, and always come out with something!! :-)

I don't go very often because of this!!
Finn said…
what a beautiful picture..*VBS* You are correct, it certainly doesn't look like much, but often the smallest things(or amounts) are just right as we move through our lives...*VBS*
Anonymous said…
I love buying whole foods - my cupboards are full of wheat grain, lentils, chick peas, soya beans, adzuki beans, rice etc. There are so many things you can do with them!
Hi, Patty!
I thought you were talking about our weekly Whole Foods bills, haha!
I get a lot of bulk (and organic) stuff just like you. We are trying to minimize processed food in our house and trying to simplify, so I'm really glad to come across your blog.

Popular Posts