Appliqué
















I took the plunge, sort of !
The appliqué done by some of the quilters is so beautiful and Patti keeps telling me to just go ahead and try it, so I did, sort of. I decided to take some black wool I have and some felt and work with those to make a pillow. I suspect it was a baby step to give me courage to move on to bigger and better things.
Only the top half of the pillow is stitched, the bottom is just "glued" on as yet.


I have a request of everyone who reads my blog. Please, please read the book Left to Tell, by Immaculee Ilibagiza.
It will change your life. I have more information regarding this book on my other blog http://dailywanderer.blogspot.com/ with a link to Amazon on ordering the book. It is beyond profound and speaks of forgiveness and faith in a way you cannot read without being changed.

Comments

La Tea Dah said…
Your applique and design are beautiful! So nice!
dot said…
Looks good to me. Very nice and looks like it fits your personality wonderfully. Keep up the good work. We can always use more decrotive pillows. I just love having pilows around.
Anonymous said…
Your pillow is coming along very nicely! The wool is very vibrant and luxurious looking :-)
Inga said…
Appliqué is very fun and it looks like you're getting it very well. Nice colours

Inga
Alena said…
what a beautiful design, it is really original - at least to me it seems so... lovely...

Popular Posts