Just Before the Rain


















Rain is on the way, and its in the forecast for the entire week. I set out with my hoe in hand and set to work in the garden, loosening the soil, disrupting the growth of any and all pesky little weeds poking up from the ground. It was easy to be reminded of what a good work out it is to hoe. While I was busy at work, I watched in amazement two monarch butterflies fluttering about the collard greens that have set blooms. Bees were competing with them for the precious treats found in the blooms. I had to finish my work and go get the camera, so much to see and capture. Rosemary in bloom, the deepest blue I had ever seen on this plant. Lilacs scenting the air and how I wished I could sent the sweet scent of them along somehow with this blog entry.
Colors all around me. Rose buds teasing me with just a tiny bit of their beauty. Honey Locust beginning to bloom. A heavenly smell for sure. Everywhere I turned there was something to catch my eye and take me further on my stroll through our gardens. Fennel, bushy and fragrant. Yarrow almost ready to break forth in yellows and whites. I wonder where the paprika yarrow has wandered to. Ahhh, there it is, it has moved itself to the other side of the picket fence that surrounds the garden. One look at the sky and I know its time to head inside. That rumbling in the sky is getting louder .

Comments

Those clouds do look ominous but it is the best light for pictures~

Popular Posts