New Fabric, and its BRIGHT


It appears that each day I step further out of my old ways. I feel so free.
Today I was shopping and found this fabric, yes I know I don't need any more fabric, but this stuff looked like something you would find in an Ikea store and it just appealed to me. So I plan on making some bold, simple block quilt and throwing it over the back of my couch.
Now that will create some work for me. I will need to change my curtains, pillows and add some appropriate accessories. Fortunately I can sew the curtains and the pillow covers. By next fall I will be bringing out all the homestead look items as that is always my winter decorating scheme.
Not sure what I will do with those bird house, garden like fabric. Maybe make something for my master gardener friend. Her whole house is decorated in that theme.

Comments

Patti said…
Such beautiful summer fabrics! As I see all these pretty bright colors making me think of flowers and spring, the song from Carousel has been going through my mind. I may be a bit premature but . . .

"March went out like a lion, a whipping up the water in the bay. Then April cried, and stepped aside, and along came pretty little May. May was full of promises, but she didn't keep them quick enough for some . . . and a crowd of doubting Thomases was predicting that the summer'd never come. But it's comin' by gum, you can feel it come, you can feel it in your heart you can feel it all around - you can hear it in the trees, you can smell it in the breeze - look around, look around, look around! June is bustin' out all over . . . all over the meadow and the hills . . . .

(We did this musical in high school over 40 years ago and I can still sing all the lyrics!)
Granny said…
Patty: We've ruined you. I'm sure of it!

I LOVE your new colors. Lime green, orange and purple together are my favorite colors.

Looks like you're having way too much fun!

Judy L.
Finn said…
love the fabrics Patty! It's neat that you feel free enough to buy them and play. Consider them a "new box of crayons", all fresh and good smelling with nice sharp points...*VBS* They are only external signs of sprint and rebirth. Hugs, Finn
Anonymous said…
Brights are very exhilerating - especially when you've come through either a winter or dark colour phase. Enjoy your new fabrics - so many possibilities :-)

Popular Posts