Almond or Cashew Waffles

ALMOND or CASHEW WAFFLES

2/3 cup almonds or cashews (I use half and half)
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (fine, like for macaroons)
4 dates, ( I use date sugar)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups water

whiz in a blender the first 6 ingredients in about half the water, then add remaining water. Bake in a hot waffle iron for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT PEAK, they fall apart before that and when you peek, it makes a mess.
Makes 4 Large waffles.
These freeze well. Just pop them in the toaster to reaheat.

Blogger.com was very temperamental for me yesterday. I tried a good 7 times to post this picture !

Comments

yummm! I used to make waffles for the girls all the time... I should suprise them and make them. I have the heart shaped waffle iron too...
Wendy
Those waffles smell good! Great for low carb options too:)
Guinnah said…
Hi Patty - thanks for the comment on my blog. I had to comment on your waffles - we have the same waffle iron :-) I have such fond memories of my husband setting up all the waffle making materials on the floor so the girls could "help" when they were little. That photo gave me happy flashbacks!
Christine said…
I've never made waffles! Your's sound and look wonderful. Guess I'll have to put a waffle maker on my wishlist!

Popular Posts