Sunday on the Farm




Tonight's sky is a masterpiece of art work that is changing by the moment. Each new color added by the suns setting is more glorious than the last.
Who needs to go to an art museum when the sky before us captivates us so and holds us in breathless wonder ?
I was never sure wish direction to look.... the setting sun of the west with the golden sky, or the east with the tiny cotton ball clouds so unique and beautiful.
It was the perfect time to wander the gardens to see what is breaking out of the newly wakened ground.
Reaching out like spears of vibrant green, were new spears of asparagus. I resisted the temptation to eat these new stalks so fresh and tender and brought them in the house to share. Asparagus right from the garden doesn't need to be cooked. It is perfect right from the rich dark soil.
I want to linger in this golden glow of sunsets hour. The air warm and soft. Birds are singing their last notes of the day. Its time for me to head indoors to feed my family but this moment in time, this perfect hour, was mine to enjoy. Sunday on the farm as the sun bids adieu !

Comments

Anonymous said…
You have such a beautiful way with words - I find reading your blog very calming. You really "see" in nature what most of us probably take for granted or at the very least just a quick passing glance.
Granny said…
How come I've always heard raw asparagus is poisonous? I've munched on some raw and I'm still here but I am always kinda apprehensive about it.

I've already told DH that as soon as we get to our next destination, I'm planting asparagus. I love it!

You surely caught some pretty sky pix!

Judy L.
La Tea Dah said…
Beautiful photos! How neat that asparagus is ready there for you so soon in the season. We harvest it from along irrigation canals and ditch banks. . .and enjoy it fresh in salads and steamed. YUM! I can hardly wait! Enjoy yours for me while I wait! LOL!
Alena said…
Beautiful scenery! I also took some photos of sunset today, I hope to be able to post them shortly...

Popular Posts