Tea and Raindrops


Even with all the rain we have had recently, I still find it restful. Lamps lit, music playing softly in the background, an apple pie fragrance candle burns on the kitchen table, filling the house with a spicy, homey scent. I can almost fool myself into thinking its fall time. Cool rain in July is just unheard of in these parts. The sky, the color of light gray wool, felted. Books leafed through, a restlessness forbids me to concentrate too deeply on any one thing. Its a strange restlessness, not one by choice but by concern for our families newest member. I have not gone to see the baby yet today, but will see her tonight. As much as I KNOW she will be alright, its hard to see her restless in her sleep, a bad dream causes her to whimper, she has had so many things done to her that hurt in order to help her.
This day at home has felt so good. I even stayed in my pajamas till nearly noon time. I changed some curtains, dusted furniture, folded some clothes and then just sat down, aimless for a few moments in time. Watching the rain drops fall and the wind blow the trees. It felt good to dreamily gazing out the window, tea in hand, sipping it slowly.
We all need days like this. Unwinding days.

Comments

I do believe we all need time to collect our thoughts and spend some quite time. Your pics are great. My prayers are with you as you seen troubled. Have a Blessed Weekend.
Patty said…
yes, Linda we all need quiet time and with our grandbaby so sick, its been hard to find those quiet moments between trips to the hospital
Dawn said…
It's always a blessing to have days like these. Were you can engulf yout thoughts in the silence. Just the other day we had a nice cold rainstorm and I was parked in my car waiting for it to let up and I just sat back, closed my eyes and listend to the wonderful sound of thr rain. It was so relaxing.

I hope you have a good weekend!
R. Aastrup said…
Unwinding days. I like that.
Kimmo said…
Hi there,

Great blog, thanks for using Songspots. You probably figured this out already, but you know that you can add the Songspot directly to the posting too, which would relate it more closely with the actual topic.

Anyway, thanks for the nice pictures, keep up the good work!

Kimmo / Sonific
Patty said…
Thanks Kimmo, I really like using the songspots, adds a lot to the blog.

Popular Posts