A new day

The road before me, familiar but today it feels new and is showing some element missed in the hundreds of times I have seen it. At the intersection of our road, waiting for traffic to clear so I could cross, the road our home is on, lay like a giant piece of licorice ribbon candy, hill after hill, with a stripe of yellow down the middle. Trees in the valleys appearing to be down on the tops of the hills, the green tops brushing the road, but its only an illusion. Their solid brown trunks hidden by the hillside. Homes full of families, reminding me of tiny play railroad houses, these, real but unknown to me, real love inside the walls and no doubt real struggles.
Flowers planted in yards, some tended with care, some planted rather randomly and lacking attention, much like a child's hair needing to be combed.
Today, Mei-Ling will be christened...and in the true flavor of individuality, the very one we nurtured and helped give wings to in our children, this child will be christened in a church that marches to a different drum beat. A unity church,
naturally there will be pictures later of the big day

Comments

ann said…
Best wishes for many blessings to come Mei-ling's way on ,this, her Christening Day and all the days to come.
Amy said…
I'm so thrilled you went to Unity, Patty. My husband and I are members of our own Unity church and derive so much peace and uplifting spirituality there. If you go to the Unity International homepage, there are lots of wonderful prayers and you can send in prayer requests. I've had miracles happen!

Popular Posts