The Joy of Being A Homemaker

I am often questioning what I have learned and been taught. It's my nature and its more of a negative for me personally than say being able to just let things rest in my mind. But always when push comes to shove, I feel in my heart that the Christian teachings I have in my heart are what give me the deepest peace and the most order in my life. In moments of crisis, its always to God that I turn. I know without a bit of doubt that what has made the difference in my family, how kind and wonderful my children are has to do with their christian upbringing. Concepts of love and faith have taken them far in life.
We homeschooled our children for two reasons, to maintain a consistent pattern of faith for them and to have them learn in an environment full of the joy of learning. We stepped outside the normal life of middle class America and walked the plain and simple homestead life to provide them with experience in a good work ethic and a bit of the old ways.
The day I found out I was with child way back in 1979, I quit work. It was our desire to sacrifice in order to have me be a keeper at home and raise our children. Emery and I both felt it was best for us. There were times we didn't have two nickles to rub together. I was always there to greet this gentle man of mine at the door each evening with a kiss, and something smelling good on the table, fresh from the oven. If we were poor, we really didn't care. A home run on the teachings of the Bible was the most important thing to us and we knew God would make sure our bread and water. We joked at times that bread and water was much different than cake and ice cream. It made so much difference that in picking a husband and in Emery picking a wife that we held firm to Christian standards. Choosing right or rather praying for the right spouse makes all the difference.
Now that the children are grown, there is no need for me to have a job, even a part time job, we have all the money we need, and I have time to help my children in so many ways. My dear husband still enjoys a good meal on the table when he gets home each day. I enjoy preparing it for him. For us, and this may not be everyones goal, but for us, we really want a home that is centered on Biblical principles. I know I get off on some roads that don't seem much like that is my focus and I am the first one to admit that I get off track with all this thinking and reading I do, but deep down, in the very core of who I am, my belief is to live a biblical life. I am rebellious and don't always like to do what I should. Its my own struggle. But now, as I write this out, maybe writing out my real thoughts, my most basic and deep beliefs, will settle some things for me. So here goes....this is for you Anne...

I want to live my life according to these verses as a woman, wife, mother and grandmother. I have no need for a job outside the home other than to share with the younger women how to be a keeper at home. My husband is probably one of the finest Christian men I have ever met and being obedient to him is never a difficult or demeaning thing. Submission is such a dirty word in our society and I suspect it has to do with not enough godly men around to submit to.
Titus 2:
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.


There I said my peace and will strive to live it and not be ashamed of it

Comments

Yvonne said…
You go girl....I agree wholeheartedly.
Jenny said…
Well said Patty.
Tina Leavy said…
that was a very nice post.

Popular Posts