Goodwill Blessings


There are times when I have just shake my head at the blessings that come from Goodwill's Thrift store. Today I went in to see if they still had an end table that was there last week. I liked it, sturdy maple, functional and fits with our simple style. I wanted to think about it and see if we really needed it. So today when I got there, it was waiting for me. I was so happy but then, the most amazing thing happened. I have mentioned my love of John Michael Talbot a few times in my posts, but to be honest most of the music I have of his is old. Very old...cassettes from the 1980's. I have one or two CD's of his that were gifts but the majority of what we have of his is old stuff. I like his older music better so haven't bought any of the new CD's. So here I am walking past the old 8 tracks on the shelf of the store and there are a few cassettes there, but something grabs my attention, that familiar blue cover....right there before my eyes are several John Michael Talbot cassette, the ones I love the most, pristine condition and there is even one by his brother Terry. 50 cents a cassette, I grab them all. It was a blessing beyond belief. What are the odds ? I also found a Coldwater Creek flannel skirt and two very wonderful large utensils to use with the wood stove this winter. I just am speechless at finding the tapes. God is indeed good. I feel like a very blessed person today and really every day.

I was so thrilled to find this 1953 magazine advertisement by Johnson & Johnson. Featuring the sweetest poem "Is There a Baby in the House?" dedicated to mothers and fathers of America! Charming illustrations by Mac Shepard. Its perfect for the room we have for our grand-babies.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
I like the new look, Patty! I was trying to change mine around last night and thought I'd lost everything. I was most upset, but somehow recovered it all. Whew!
Patty said…
It was a bit scary making the changes. I clipped and copied everything first, just in case : )
jennifer said…
I have spent several minutes reading some of your posts. I find myself drawn to each post.

I really liked stopping by.
Jennifer
I love Coldwater Creek. It is my most favorite place to shop. I try to shop their online outlet where prices are cut dramatically.
Mama Bear
Dawn said…
Oooooo Goodwill...I love that place! Too bad there isn't one here on Germany! You found some really nice deals!!! I too, found a JMT cassette at a Goodwill when I was in Florida this summer, but had to put it back because I remembered my cassette player doesn't work for some reason. :( Oh well, there is always eBay for CD's. :)

Blessings!
Anonymous said…
My youngest daughter and I hit our two favorite thrift stores on Saturday and found some blessings as well! Love those treasure-filled places!

Popular Posts